TradeMark Residential, a leader in property management across North Carolina and Georgia, is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of its tenants, especially during festive times like Thanksgiving. This season, as families gather to celebrate, it’s crucial to prioritize home safety. Drawing on expert advice, including valuable insights from SafeWise, TradeMark Residential offers essential tips to help residents enjoy a safe and joyful holiday.
While at Home
- Install and Check Smoke Alarms: Ensure smoke alarms are installed in the kitchen, each level of the home, and in sleeping areas. Regularly check and replace their batteries.
- Be Cautious with Turkey Fryers: Turkey fryers can significantly increase fire risks. Always use them outside in well-ventilated areas and monitor the oil temperature.
- Remove Fire Hazards: Keep flammable items like wooden utensils, oven mitts, and towels away from the stove.
- Be Prepared for Fires: Know how to respond to a stove or oven fire. Have a fire extinguisher handy and familiarize yourself with its use.
- Prevent Toxic Air: If using gas stoves, ensure proper ventilation to avoid carbon monoxide buildup.
- Candle Safety: Never leave candles unattended and keep them away from flammable items.
- Install a Home Security System: Consider systems that offer fire monitoring and remote access.
- Avoid Social Media Announcements: Don’t broadcast travel plans on social media.
- Make Your Home Look Occupied: Use automatic light timers, turn down the telephone ringer, and stop mail delivery or have someone collect it.
- Secure Your Home: Lock all windows and doors, avoid leaving spare keys outside, and ensure the garage door is closed.
This Thanksgiving, prioritize safety both at home and if you’re traveling. By following these tips, you can enjoy the holiday with peace of mind, knowing your home is secure.
For more detailed information and safety advice, you can read the full article on SafeWise here.